IF THE POWER OF WORD COULD HOLD A MAN

My work is in many cases a reflection of actual: what I read and what I see in newspapers, internet
and television. The 90% of human catastrophies, natural disasters, political scandals turned into
my almost everyday doping - a resource for false feeling of being present, being THERE.
The death of human somewhere in between of the lines becomes banal in the multitude of cases.
But if the report about that death would not be spoken out loudly, would it be better?
I decided to create this work about it, referencing specially the cases of illegal immigrants risking
death trying to cross the sea dividing Africa and Europe on fragile boats.
In this work I translated the situation of worldwide news into one simplified equation: If the power
of words can save a man, then I can build a boat from newspaper and sail through the sea.

more photos...